All PostsThis is the commemorative tile that was presented to John Bright, the current owner of the DePollo Building. John Bright is the second person to have purchased the building after John DePollo passed away. The first venture failed and John Bright purchased the building turning it into a cafe with a regular schedule of entertainment.
The commemorative is double-sided with travertine marble tile on one side and ceramic tile on the obverse side.The tiles are contained in a stainless steel channel surround, Stainless steel grape leaves and vines adorn the top corners of both sides. The leaf stems form a loop over each corner that allows for a method of hanging the tiles.
The commemorative reads; The descendants of Joseph DePollo (Guiseppe DiPaolo), present John Bright, owner of the Purple Fiddle, this commemorative of the 100 year anniversary of the DePollo Building, formerly known as he DePollo Store. Joseph DePollo, who was born in 1866, emigrated to Thomas, WV from Introdacqua, Italy about 1891. Joseph worked in the local mines until he opened his first store in 1903. The store prospered and in 1915 he built this larger ediface where he raised a family and operated his business. Throught the years, sons, Anthony, Ralph, Harry, John James Orlando and daughter Philomena and many of their families lived in and called this building home.
39 total views